Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

About the used language

Since November 2011, the last time I posted something here, the FreeAlgView software was neglected due to lack of time. Previously, the development was achieved in Spanish (except source code), and now I will do it in English. A pair of annotations:
  • The project has to be (I want it to be) now international, and the "de facto" international language is English.
  • I carry out this project as final degree project and furthermore in the Hochschule für angewandte Wissenchaften Würzburg-Schweinfurt (Würzburg, Germany), in an Erasmus capacity. I can't thus achieve this project in spanish.
And finally:
  • I choose the sentence case style to write titles in English. This style is robuster (it is easier to know which words are capitalized and which not), and it is the style followed by many British publishers (Nature, The Economist or The Times). Furthermore, the Spanish style for titles is also the sentence case style (and I like it more). I want to utter this warning because many people are confused with this fact, and they want to advice me about "my mistakes" [1].
Viele Grüße :),
Peregring-lk

[1] Of course, I will have sure mistakes writting English, due to I'm not a native English speaker, but the "sentence case title style" isn't one of them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment